Taken-hold sentence example
- Occam, who is still a Scholastic, gives us the Scholastic justification of the spirit which had already taken hold upon Roger Bacon, and which was to enter upon its rights in the 15th and 16th centuries.
- They were also taken hold of by the Greeks when making their most solemn oaths.
- But directly afterward the impudent scoundrel who had taken hold of my arm came up and began to speak to the chamberlain in German.
- He has taken hold of me.
- At worst, like when anthracnose has really taken hold of a tree and defoliated it completely, you might lose the tree entirely.Advertisement
- As the organic movement has taken hold the number of stores which sell organic clothing increased.
- As country western music has taken hold in contemporary culture, the enjoyment has gone beyond the land of the free.
- The Shining: In the Stanley Kubrick classic, one family is taken hold by the presence at a hotel.
- The Exorcist: A teen is taken hold of by something demonic as her mother tries using the power of Christ to exonerate her.
- By the 800s, the influence of Christianity had taken hold in the lands formerly occupied by the Celts.Advertisement