Taken-aback sentence example
- He was taken aback momentarily, but he recovered swiftly.
- You might also be taken aback by the ferocity of someone's reaction.
- I think I may have been a little too forthright in stating the channel's case and Kate looks slightly taken aback.
- They typically reason that a toddler is too young to understand what is happening and they may soon feel taken aback at the behavior issues that arise in their child soon after the adoption is finalized.
- Even the home gardener may be taken aback.Advertisement
- While many people may compliment a black diamond engagement ring, others may be taken aback by such flouting of tradition.
- Frederick appeared to be taken aback both by the story, and the speed at which Sarah relayed it.
- I was really taken aback when I discovered a relay problem causing an intermittent fault on receive!
- You doing in this prison room, we are you here, a golden hazel, should he saw no, rather taken aback.
- The cast seemed a little taken aback and surprised by the rousing reception the audience gave them come the curtain calls.Advertisement
- You will be taken aback by the many different varieties of birds there are to choose from as a pet.
- Gabriel was taken aback.
- Deidre appeared taken aback.
- Although taken aback by such intimacy from a stranger, as well as terrified himself, he felt an overwhelming need to comfort her.
- Paul seems to have been taken aback by the news of the Galatians' defection.Advertisement
- He was so taken aback by the beauty of it all that he cut down a tree, took it home and decorated it with candles.