Take-the-reins sentence example
- Bairam, however, was naturally despotic and cruel; and when order was somewhat restored, Akbar found it necessary to take the reins of government into his own hands, which he did by a proclamation issued in March 1560.
- Canovas assured the queenregent that he was ready to undertake the task of protecting the new state of things if it was thought wise to continue the Conservative policy of the late king, but in the circumstances created by his death, he must frankly say that he considered it advisable to send for Seor Sagasta and ask him to take the reins of government, with a view to inaugurate the regency under progressive and conciliatory policy.
- Drummers are cool Speaking of that, you gotta respect any percussionist who can take the reins when his band is in a pinch.
- It's important to come up with a budget before your emotions take the reins.
- The time you spend on the ice, learning how to take the reins of a real dog sled and team, will stir your spirit of adventure.Advertisement
- For the independent individual who prefers to take the reins themselves, free meal plans can be found in books, magazines, and websites.
- Am I going to have to take the reins?