Take-sides sentence example
- Whether through jealous y of the ascendancy which Turgot had acquired over the king, or through the natural incompatibility of their characters, he was already inclined to take sides against Turgot, and the reconciliation between him and the queen, which took place about this time, meant that he was henceforth the tool of the Polignac clique and the Choiseul party.
- Franklin's position in France was a difficult one from the start, because of the delicacy of the task of getting French aid at a time when France was unready openly to take sides against Great Britain.
- The French and English buccaneers could not but take sides in the war which had arisen between their respective countries in 1689.
- Friends and family members may also take sides in the dispute, whereas a counselor can help his or her client to understand why the marriage ended.
- It is important for parents not to take sides but rather to help children work out disagreements, calling for a "time out" for feelings to cool down, if necessary.Advertisement
- In a therapy session, therapists seek to analyze the process of family interaction and communication as a whole and do not take sides with specific family members.