Take-shape sentence example
- Syria in fact is beginning to take shape in our minds as perhaps the most ancient seat of civilization in the world, the common source from which Babylonia and Egypt derived those items of culture in which, in the early period, they resemble one another.
- So fundamental a change as lies between Hosea and the Priestly Code was only possible in the general dissolution of the old life of Israel produced by the Assyrians and by the prophets; and indeed the new order did not take shape as a system till the exile had made a great change in old institutions.
- Other writings than the Book of Helxai, representing also other species of the same genus, would take shape.
- The headship of Christendom was in his grasp, and schemes for a new crusade began to take shape.
- It lay not in the German genius to escape from the preoccupations and the limitations of the middle ages, for this reason mainly that what we call medieval was to a very large extent Teutonic. But on the Spanish peninsula, in the masterpieces of Velazquez, Cervantes, Camoens, Calderon, we emerge into an atmosphere of art, definitely national, distinctly modern, where solid natural forms stand before us realistically modelled, with light and shadow on their rounded outlines, and where the airiest creatures of the fancy take shape and weave a dance of rhythmic, light, incomparable intricacy.Advertisement
- About 1846 the project of writing a history of Holland had begun to take shape in his mind, and he had already done a large amount of work on this subject when, finding the materials at his disposal in the United States inadequate, he went to Europe in 1851.
- Left, the English bond pattern brickwork for the outer wall is starting to take shape.
- But we will see it begin to take shape and will know that we were there the moment the world changed.
- A few minutes of blowdry styling will help your style take shape while taming unruly patterns.
- Imagine a vapor or mist entity that is able to take shape into something more formed or direct.Advertisement
- This vein of electronica music began to take shape in the 1980s, thanks to the rise in synthesizer based music.
- A Vista Limewire exception; it didn't take long for this demand to take shape as Limewire users updated their computer operating systems to the new Windows Vista system.