Take-root sentence example
- Owing to the connexion of medicine with these seats of learning, it was natural that the study of the structure and functions of the human body and of the animals nearest to man should take root there; the spirit of inquiry which now for the first time became general showed itself in the anatomical schools of the Italian universities of the 16th century, and spread fifty years later to Oxford.
- It is a matter of familiar observation that the ends of the shoots of brambles take root when bent down to the ground.
- He was a great opponent of university reform and of the Hegelianism which was then beginning to take root in Oxford.
- In the long tale of intrigue and warfare between the Goths and the two imperial courts which fills up this whole time, cessions of territory are offered to the Goths, provinces are occupied by them, but as yet they do not take root anywhere; no Western land as yet becomes Gothia.
- In France, Carbonarism began to take root about 1820, and was more thoroughly organized than in Italy.Advertisement
- bare patches of ground leave room for weeds to take root.
- Also bare patches of ground leave room for weeds to take root.
- poppying root cuttings It is very easy to take root cuttings of oriental poppies.
- shop stewards ' organization to take root in many workplaces.
- the willow, poplar and birch generally take root and shoot up, they by degrees form a kind of regular planted hedge, which I have seen in some places so tall that birds have built their nests among the branches."Advertisement
- It had also allowed shop stewards ' organization to take root in many workplaces.
- Relationships with their peers and with the opposite sex will begin to develop on a more intimate level, and the overall sense of wonder and feeling part of something great will begin to take root.
- It has prickly stems which are able to take root at their tips.
- It is a good plan to take root cuttings in August or September, winter them in a greenhouse, and in spring to put them in a warm place, where they will soon produce plenty of cuttings.
- American Fern, remarkable for its narrow fronds, which taper into slender prolongations, and take root at the tips like runners, giving rise to young plants.Advertisement
- This will give your tomato seedlings time to take root and to become established without concern of them over-growing their containers.
- The New York Giants called Harlem and the Polo Grounds home for almost seventy years, and during their stay there, the early seeds of what would become the San Francisco Giants' logo began to take root.