Take-revenge sentence example
- Having defeated the invading Turks at Villach in 1492, the king was eager to take revenge upon the king of France; but the states of the Netherlands would afford him no assistance.
- Karana decides to take revenge upon the dogs who killed her brother.
- Marissa's mother Julie hires a private eye to find Volchok and plots to hook him up with Ryan so that Ryan will take revenge for them both losing Marissa.
- Out of it sprang the rebellion of Megabyzus, who was greatly exasperated because, though he had persuaded Inarus to surrender by promising that his life would be spared, Artaxerxes, yielding to the entreaties of his wife Amytis, who wanted to take revenge on Inarus for the death of her brother Achaemenes, the satrap of Egypt, had surrendered him to her for execution.
- He commanded the expedition sent to take revenge for the massacre of Chio (see Kanaris) in the same year.Advertisement
- Older children may steal to gain a sense of power, to acquire status with peers who resist authority, to get attention, to take revenge on someone who has hurt them, to alleviate boredom, or to vent unresolved feelings of anger or fear.