Take-leave sentence example
- He confessed, and received communion: everyone came to take leave of him.
- In Lohengrin we take leave of the early music that obscured Wagner's ideals, and in the Ring we come to the music which transcends all other aspects of Wagnerism.
- When the body, washed and dressed, lay in the coffin on a table, everyone came to take leave of him and they all wept.
- He wished to take leave of Princess Mary, but she would not let him go.
- Up to the beginning of 1863, when bad health obliged him to take leave of absence, Sigel remained in command of his own (now called the XI.) corps and the XII., the two forming a "Grand Division."Advertisement