Tailstock sentence example
- Inexplicably, but as on so many precision bench lathes, the tailstock barrel carried an inadequate a No. 1 Morse taper.
- Buy a tailstock chuck, or how else are you going to drill central holes in your work?
- The 10-inch lathe featured flat ways 1 1/2 inches wide with the edges of the central slot machined to guide the tailstock.
- Although styled to resemble the screwcutting lathes, only the tailstock handwheel and minor controls were the same.
- I had to reduce the tailstock spindle slightly to fit the chuck capacity of the Unimat.Advertisement
- The No. 4 Morse taper tailstock was fitted with a rack drive and two clamping plates.
- The sketch also shows an adjustable tailstock with a threaded cranked handle.
- Available as extras were an electric motor with a drive pulley, a round foot stand for bench mounting and a lever-action tailstock.
- Jacking up the headstock and tailstock of a lathe is nothing new, as shown by this late 1920's machine.
- The tailstock barrel was lever operated through the simple expedient of peg passing through a slot cut through the top of the casting.Advertisement
- These are 9-inch " Workshop " machines each with a build sheet hanging from the tailstock end of its bed.
- The blank for the body is drilled with a pilot hole for the screw on the mark made by the tailstock center.
- Unfortunately the barrel was locked by a pinch bolt closing down a long slit in the metal of the tailstock casting.