Tail-in sentence example
- The long and bushy tail in the northern species has a white tip and a dark gland-patch near the root, but the backs of the ears are fawn-coloured.
- The birds include eagles - some are called lammervangers from their occasional attacks on young lambs - vultures, hawks, kites, owls, crows, ravens, the secretary bird, cranes, a small white heron, quails, partridges, korhaans, wild geese, duck, and guineafowl, swallows, finches, starlings, the mossie or Cape sparrow, and the widow bird, noted for the length of its tail in summer.
- This name in seamen's ornithology applies to several other kinds of birds, and, though perhaps first given to those of this group, is nowadays most commonly used for the species of Tropic-Bird, the projecting middle feathers of the tail in each kind being intent, "Dunghunters."
- He would say sometimes to the people of the house that he was like the serpent which forms a circle with its tail in its mouth, meaning thereby that he had nothing left at the year's end.
- Rhyn turned to peer at her through silvery eyes, flicking his tail in impatience.Advertisement
- The serpent of the ancient alchemists holding its own tail in its jaws.
- When they wish to represent eternity, they represent it by a serpent with its tail in its mouth.
- The double glazing salesman who sits on your tail in his Dagenham dustbin.
- He was a lucky fox that left his tail in the trap.
- As lifelike as Aslan appears in the film, he is entirely CG (computer generated) from mane to tail in every scene he appears in.Advertisement
- Perhaps your Capricorn is lazing on the shore with his tail in the water, contemplating the stars in the sky that are named for him?