Tactician sentence example
- He was the idol of his soldiers, a good tactician, but not a great strategist.
- He was, however, an admirable tactician, a consummate knight, and he possessed extraordinary vigour and energy of temperament.
- One of his favourite places of resort in these years was a club of which Dr Hutton, Dr Black, Dr Adam Ferguson, John Clerk the naval tactician, Robert Adam the architect, as well as Smith himself, were original members, and to which Dugald Stewart, Professor Playfair and other eminent men were afterwards admitted.
- As a resourceful political leader, and an adroit, ready, skilful tactician in debate, he has had few equals in American history.
- The skillful tactician may be likened to the shuai-jan.Advertisement
- Maybe there's a great tactician out there who analyzes where your holes are.
- His conduct of the battle, once it had opened, was a model of the "partial" victory - the destruction of a part of the enemy's forces under the eyes of the rest - which was in the 17th and 18th centuries the tactician's ideal, and was sufficient to ensure him the reputation of being the best general of his age.
- Bruce, also, was an inspiring leader, a brave guerilla and a shrewd tactician.
- He is not just a great wicket-taker, he's a great entertainer, a craftsman and a brilliant tactician.
- In spite of his unrivalled skill as a parliamentary tactician, he failed to keep his party together, and was defeated on 3rd December 1886.Advertisement
- In the war of 1866 -Lieutenant-General von Goeben commanded the 13th division, of which his old brigade formed part, and, in this higher sphere, once more displayed the qualities of a born leader and skilful tactician.
- How did he become such a good military tactician?
- He is not just a great wicket-taker, he 's a great entertainer, a craftsman and a brilliant tactician.
- Maybe there 's a great tactician out there who analyzes where your holes are.
- Captain Samantha "Sam" Carter (Amanda Tapping), a brilliant tactician and astrophysicist, and the Jaffa warrior Teal'c (Christopher Judge) completed the original team.Advertisement
- But Luxemburg, riding up with his advanced guard from Velaine, decided, after a cursory survey of the ground, to attack the front and both flanks of the Allies' position at once - a decision which few, if any, generals then living would have dared to make, and which of itself places Luxemburg in the same rank as a tactician as his old friend and commander Conde.
- But Clearchus, a tactician of the old school, disobeyed.