Tactfully sentence example
- He sighed but tactfully closed the panel on his side.
- It was a point she would have to tactfully convey to Roxanne.
- Cultivate relationships, be polite, tactfully aggressive and make friends wherever possible.
- The rise of the Tiber and the flooding of Rome in December 1870 (tactfully used by Victor Emmanuel as an opportunity for a first visit to the new capital) illustrated the imperative necessity of reorganizing the drainage of the city and of constructing the Tiber embankment.
- The general and the diplomatist soon came to an understanding, and Talleyrand tactfully brought about the alliance between Bonaparte and Sieyes (q.v.) (then the most influential of the five Directors) which paved the way for the coup d'etat of Brumaire (see French Revolution and Napoleon I.).Advertisement
- When things came to a deadlock the king tactfully intervened and voluntarily relinquished his hereditary title to Lithuania, thus placing the two countries on a constitutional equality and preparing the way for fresh negotiations in the future.
- A point she would have to tactfully convey to Roxanne.
- The late Lord Longford made the point less tactfully five years ago: " We would get the dregs.
- That is, until Andy tactfully whittled down the number of contributors to Debbie (violin) and himself on bass.
- With a personal wedding website, you can provide your registry information to your guests directly but tactfully.Advertisement
- Everything related to gift giving should be tactfully phrased on bridal shower invites, staying far away from your actual wedding invitation.
- They discussed which areas the client would like to have hair removed from, and the consultant tactfully asked to see the area and if she could touch the skin.
- I'm afraid that my inexperience sexually might be a turn-off for him and he is tactfully trying to send me a message that he is not interested in me anymore.
- Use these additions tactfully, however, unless you want to come off looking tacky!
- Keep in mind that many website visitors find continuous background music very annoying, so use this code as tactfully as possible.Advertisement
- He tactfully withdrew to the kitchen to give her privacy, expecting a summary of the conversation when she finished, but none was forthcoming.
- The old difficulty as to the appointments to the royal household was tactfully removed, and Tory appointments were made, which were agreeable both to the queen and to Peel.