Tacking sentence example
- He entered a tacking duel with Bickford (Upper Thames) who eventually managed to cross the line about 2ft in front of Cook.
- Short board gybe carve, slalom gybe; duck gybe; slam gybe; tacking shorter boards.
- Tacking and jibbing, we wrestled with opposing winds that drove us from side to side with impetuous fury.
- Stephen Broom led for much of one of his races but lost it on the final beat in a tacking duel to second place.
- Some do this by raising the interest rate, others by tacking on extra fees and hidden charges.Advertisement
- Instead of cluttering your desk space, consider tacking up a photo collage on the board behind your desk.
- In addition to bedding featuring their emblem, try tacking team shirts, baseball caps and other memorabilia on the walls.
- If you find a near-perfect dress, even tacking on the fees to have the dress altered probably won't amount to the price you could pay for a very intricate style.
- Hence, parents will deck their baby girl out in the most blatantly feminine attire, including the act of tacking bows to a hairless head, in order to properly convey their infant's gender.
- Stack the pieces together, and take tacking stitches at each corner to secure them.Advertisement
- During a relationship, your partner may find your efforts endearing, but tacking your own elementary workings into your breakup note will not spark her amusement.
- Make your mold by stretching the screen on your frame and tacking it into place.
- Of course, just tacking on a few quick exercises to the beginning or end of a regular workout can be quite beneficial too.
- Caesar made no far-reaching modifications in the government of the city, such as were afterwards carried out by Augustus, and the presence in the Lex Julia Municipalis of the clauses referred to is an example of the common process of "tacking" (legislation per saturam, as it was called by the Romans).
- I was sixteen and pregnant and my mother tossed me out of the house and then I was a street smart seventeen year old mother without a pot to piss in and no options to get one then if I screw this guy I can maybe get a million dollars and feed my baby and not listen to gun shots outside my door and I been standing here at the window a long, long time, begging for a ticket to fly out of here and no one has handed me anything but shit and now this guy is holding this first class pass and all I have to do is reach out and grab it but I know I might hate myself for tacking it because this ticket clerk is kind of a jerk sometimes but an okay guy most of the time and he's nice to me and he listens to me, and he loves me and I know if I take it and fly it will kill him.Advertisement