Taborite sentence example
- The town now remained faithful to the Taborite cause till its collapse in 1434.
- Prolonged negotiations ensued; but finally a Hussite embassy, led by Prokop and including John of Rokycan, the Taborite bishop Nicolas of Pelhfimov, the "English Hussite," Peter Payne and many others, arrived at Basel on the 4th of January 1433.
- On the 30th of May of that year the Taborite army, led by Prokop the Great and Prokop the Less, who both fell in the battle, was totally defeated and almost annihilated at Lipan.
- The Taborite party never recovered from its defeat at Lipan, and after the town of Tabor had been captured by George of Podèbrad in 1452 Utraquist religious worship was established there.
- The Bohemian brethren, whose intellectual originator was Peter Chelcicky, but whose actual founders were Brother Gregory, a nephew of Archbishop Rokycan, and Michael, curate of Zamberk, to a certain extent continued the Taborite traditions, and in the 15th and 16th centuries included most of the strongest opponents of Rome in Bohemia.Advertisement
- Two years later he was captured and imprisoned at Gutenstein, but was ransomed by his Taborite friends.
- After his departure, civil war between the moderate Hussites (Calixtines or Utraquists) and the advanced Taborite party broke out for the first time, though there had previously been isolated disturbances between them.
- The Taborite party never recovered from its defeat at Lipan, and after the town of Tabor had been captured by George of PodÃ¨brad in 1452 Utraquist religious worship was established there.