Sylvan sentence example
- The forest contains valuable sylvan products, and there are great possibilities for the cultivation of rubber.
- The Tiergarten, the beautiful west-end park with its thickets of dense undergrowth and winding lanes and lakes has lost somewhat of its sylvan character owing to building encroachments on the north side and the laying out of new rides and drives.
- Beech Hill Hotel Londonderry Beech Hill Hotel is a privately owned hotel in a sylvan setting.
- I pass out among her sylvan scenes; and here, on the spray of the tasseled broom, sits a little bird.
- Click on the image to see a view of the green in its sylvan surroundings taken in the 1930s.Advertisement
- Pamphill is the estate village par excellence, with tied cottages scattered through a sylvan landscape around the church of St Stephen.
- A small stream overhung with copse and underwood, runs through, forming a most romantic and sylvan walk.
- The A214 briefly multiplexes with the A23 and then we turn left by the sylvan beauty of Streatham Common.
- One place that you may want to try close to home is a learning center such as Sylvan.
- The two branches of the Tyne join at Warden, a little above the town of Hexham, with its great abbey, and the united stream continues past Corbridge, where a Roman road crossed it, in a beautiful sylvan valley.Advertisement
- The province is rich in agricultural and sylvan products.
- It is to them rather than to the sylvan scenes of the Ardennes that travellers and tourists flock.
- The hills which form its shores are so steep, and the woods on them were then so high, that, as you looked down from the west end, it had the appearance of an amphitheatre for some land of sylvan spectacle.
- Bouillon is the only town on its banks, and since it is not navigable it has escaped the contamination of manufacturing life; its valley remains an ideal specimen of sylvan scenery and medieval tranquillity.
- There are several interesting limestone caverns, and Sylvan Lake, in the high mountain district, is an important resort.Advertisement