Swing-bridge sentence example
- An iron swing-bridge connects the dock with the Great Northern railway.
- The other, which is far the deeper of the two, is crossed by an iron swing-bridge, allowing for the passage of vessels.
- This bridge, which dates from r896, replaced a smaller wooden swing-bridge erected in 1856.
- bascule bridge was built in 1972, parallel to the swing bridge.
- Came through the West Mills swing bridge with another boat that was just going through to turn.Advertisement
- The north and south harbours lie between the town and Keith Inch - a suburb at the extremity of the peninsula on part of which the town is built - and the isthmus dividing them is pierced by a canal crossed by an iron swing-bridge.
- It is picturesquely situated partly on the slopes of Castle Hill and Melton Hill, and partly on the banks of Ross Creek, which is spanned by the Victoria Bridge, a swing bridge 550 ft.
- The main part of the town occupies a hilly site on the left bank of the river, and is connected by four bridges, including a massive railway swing-bridge, with the suburbs of Lastadie ("lading place" from lastadium, " burden,") and Silberwiese, on an island formed by the Parnitz and the Dunzig, which here diverge from the Oder to the Dammsche-See.
- landowner consent and of course the swing bridge to be painted.
- towpath swing bridge at the entrance to the bone works arm.Advertisement
- You will see the large red swing bridge where the walk begins.
- The next item of interest is the towpath swing bridge at the entrance to the bone works arm.