Swallow-up sentence example
- The chief foes of Indra are Vrittra and Ahi, serpents which swallow up the waters, precisely as frogs do in Australian and Californian and Andaman myths.
- At the end of the world the devil Ur will swallow up the earth and the other intermediate higher worlds, and thereupon will burst and fall into the abyss of darkness where, along with all the worlds and powers of darkness, he will ultimately cease to be, so that thenceforward the universe will consist of but one everlasting world of light.
- Ought one to swallow up the other - and, if so, which should prevail ?
- He had obtained a grant of D1200 from the fines imposed on Catesby, one of the conspirators, but his debts were sufficient to swallow up this and much more.
- The great gulf of Jesus ' loving self-sacrifice can swallow up the mountains of our sins, all of them.Advertisement
- It is best to avoid allover, loud prints as these can swallow up the petite body, even plus size petite women.
- This means steering clear of bulky styles that swallow up petite frames.