Surmises sentence example
- Its origin and character have given rise to endless surmises.
- But these are only surmises, based upon the fact that in various dry caves limbs still surrounded by the mummified flesh and skin, feathers, and even eggs with the inner membrane, have been found.
- The date of his birth as commonly given, 1483, seems to be about ten years too early, and surmises which have passed current that he was some one's illegitimate child are of no authority.
- Gardner, however, is unable to reconcile this estimated richness with our knowledge of the flora, and surmises that fossil plants from other localities must have been inadvertently included.
- Cobb makes surmises - April is the favorite month for young female suicides - nine month after summer.Advertisement
- He also surmises that 1965 is the ideal time to find out about the Master Plan's origins.
- Prince Andrew, listening to this polyglot talk and to these surmises, plans, refutations, and shouts, felt nothing but amazement at what they were saying.
- To them the words of Miloradovich seem very interesting, and so do their surmises and the rewards this or that general received; but the question of those fifty thousand men who were left in hospitals and in graves does not even interest them, for it does not come within the range of their investigation.
- He also surmises that 1965 is the ideal time to find out about the Master Plan 's origins.
- She surmises that out of the 100 grand he earned, she saw a mere $7,700 and she wants more - nearly $2,000 a month, to be exact, and she wants it retro activated beginning from the day Tripp was born.Advertisement