Surcharged sentence example
- The council are not authorized to promote any bill, and although they frequently do so, they incur the risk that if the bill should not pass the members of the council will be surcharged personally with the costs incurred if they attempt to charge them to the county rate.
- He comes before us as a belated epicurean, whose airy trifles cannot be warbled in an atmosphere surcharged with tempests and gunpowder.
- On the eastern slopes of the Andes, where the rainfall is continuous throughout the year and the atmosphere is surcharged with moisture, the forest growth is phenomenal.
- These strata are practically stagnant, deficient in oxygen and surcharged with carbonic acid.
- after entering Hungary, the bed of the river, here surcharged with gravel, was constantly changing its course.Advertisement