Suppuration sentence example
- Acute inflammation of various types, suppuration, granulation-tissue formation, &c., represent some of the complex resulting processes.
- Thus Krawkow and Nowak, employing the frequent subcutaneous injection of the usual organisms of suppuration, have induced in the fowl the deposition within the tissues of a homogeneous substance giving the colour reactions of true amyloid.
- Within a few days recovery usually occurs somewhat suddenly, but death may occur from the severe depression, or from the secondary effects of suppuration.
- But when the hepatitis is of septic origin, suppuration is likely to occur, the result being an hepatic abscess.
- A number of interesting experiments, designed to test the relationship between the condition of suppuration and the production of amyloid, have been made of late years.Advertisement
- Nowak, however, found later that he could generate it where the turpentine failed to induce suppuration; he believes that it may arise quite apart from the influence of the organisms of suppuration, that it is not a biological product of the micro-organisms of disease, and also that it has nothing to do with emaciation.
- Thus the organisms of suppuration, tubercle, glanders, diphtheria, typhoid fever, cholera, tetanus, and others were identified, and their relationship to the individual diseases established.