Supervenes sentence example
- Such healing by cork formation is accompanied by a rise of temperature: the active growth of the dividing cells is accompanied by vigorous metabolism and respiration, and a state of wound fever supervenes until the healing is completed.
- The need of the protoplasm for oxygen has already been spoken of: in its absence death soon supervenes, respiration being stopped.
- Death usually supervenes before a numbing effect on the intestine can be observed.
- Thereafter a more or less sleepy state supervenes, but it is not the case that atropine ever causes genuine coma.
- The physical signs are those of broncho-pneumonia; oedema of the lungs soon supervenes, and death occurs in three or four days.Advertisement