Sugarcane sentence example
- Sugarcane, tobacco, maguey, cotton, in small quantities, and fruits are also produced.
- They grew bananas, manioc, the sweet potato, the sugarcane, maize, sorghum, rice, millet, eleusine and other fruits and vegetables, as well as tobacco, but the constant state of fear in which they lived, either of their neighbours or of the Arabs, offered small inducement to industry.
- The principal crops are millet, rice, wheat, other food-grains, pulse, oil-seeds, cotton, sugarcane, spices and tobacco.
- Some of the leading agriculture products in the country are rice, coconuts, sugarcane, rice, and grains.
- They also introduced many nuts and grains, including many citrus fruits, and sugarcane, which eventually turned into a profitable cash crop that ultimately produced sugar (and began the slave trade, but that is another story).Advertisement
- Cotton and rubber are found in considerable quantities, and fields of maize, corn, rice and sugarcane bear witness to the fertility of the soil.
- Sugarcane and cotton are the more traditional cash crops in the region.
- Agronomic importance and control: Sugarcane leaf scald is a widespread and devastating disease.
- A considerable part of the sugarcane produced is likewise devoted to the manufacture of chicha (rum), the consumption of which is common among the Indians and half-breeds of the Andean regions.