Substrata sentence example
- - These are extremely varied, and comprise a great number of very different substrata.
- It is apparent that in many cases lichens are quite indifferent to the substrata on which they occur, whence we infer that the preference of several for certain substrata depends upon the temperature of the locality or that of the special habitat.
- - From what has now been said it will readily be inferred that the distribution of lichens over the surface of the globe is regulated, not only by the presence of suitable substrata, but more especially by climatic conditions.
- Thought or conception without a subjectagent appears as the principle - thought or thinking in its universality without any individual substrata in which it is embodied: TO voeav or vona-is is to be substituted for vas.
- The principal objections to this system are the following: - (1) The extraordinary difficulty in obtaining satisfactory preparations showing the cilia, and the discovery that these motile organs are not formed on all substrata, or are only developed during short periods of activity while the organism is young and vigorous, render this character almost nugatory.Advertisement
- Level for level, the more ancient rocks are on the eastward side of the lake: the cretaceous limestones that surmount the older volcanic substrata come down on the western side to the water's edge, while on the eastern side they are raised between 3000 and 4000 feet above it.
- The substrata are mostly sandstone of various formation, and granitic gneiss, of which the rocks are mainly composed.
- The principal substrata are, sandstone, amygdaloid alternated with trap, and red porphyry.
- It was found to be normal for the type of has substrata that occurs in the district.
- The principal substrata are limestone and freestone of excellent quality; and along the banks of the river, ironstone is found in abundance.Advertisement
- The role of biological effects studies and the use of artificial substrata and sediments in marine pollution monitoring is also discussed.
- Supralittoral communities of rocky substrata are by far the commonest given that most of the islands ' coastline is of this type.
- Thus it is fascinating to note that limestone aquifers are the major exception to crop formations occurring over chalk substrata.
- The latter two factors probably have the greatest influence on the organisms that inhabit sand and gravel substrata.