Sublunary sentence example
- These same astrologers held that comets and other portents in the heavens were fleeting appearances of the sublunary sphere.
- Has there been anything immortal in it, which will survive the speedy wreck of all sublunary things?
- Beyond this sublunary world extend the planetary spheres, out to the sphere of the Fixed Stars.
- In this sublunary sphere, all things are not commensurate, nor is everything sensible to every-body alike.
- This transcendent mind is sometimes connected with the moon, according to the theory of Aristotle, who assigned an imperishable matter to the sphere beyond the sublunary, and in general looked upon the celestial orbs as living and intelligent.Advertisement
- That prime mover is God, who is not the creator, but the mover directly of the heavens, and indirectly through the planets of sublunary substances.
- Theophrastus and in general the elder Peripatetics, before the rise of new schools with new lines of cleavage and new interests had led to new antagonisms and new alliances, do not break away from the Aristotelian The Peri= metaphysic. Their interests, however, lie in the sublunary patetics.