Subglacial sentence example
- In certain districts the subglacial till was not spread out in a smooth plain, but accumulated in elliptical mounds, 100 or 200 ft.
- Basal sediment evacuation by subglacial meltwater: suspended sediment transport from Haut Glacier d'Arolla, Switzerland.
- These deposits are superimposed upon bedrock in the uplands, and subglacial diamict of rogen moraine morphology in the lowlands.
- R.C.A. Hindmarsh (1997), Deforming beds: viscous and plastic scales of deformation of subglacial sediment ' ', Quat.
- This will be carried out by detailed ice cap survey; ice sheet modeling; and subglacial process.Advertisement
- Results suggest that the position of the terminus stream is sensitively dependent on subglacial water pressures.
- Subglacial lakes in Antarctica were first identified in the 1960s.
- When the ice sheets fronted on land sloping southward to the Ohio, Mississippi and Missouri rivers, the drift-laden streams flowed freely away from the ice border; and as the streams, escaping from their subglacial channels, spread in broader channels, they ordinarily could not carry forward all their load; hence they acted not as destructive but as constructive agents, and aggraded their courses.