Subcontinent sentence example
- Most of the remaining virus can be found on the Indian subcontinent and Nigeria.
- In 1947 the subcontinent divided into two nation states India and Pakistan.
- He has traveled extensively in India during the past forty-seven years, having visited the subcontinent more than a dozen times.
- When the British first gained a foothold on the Indian subcontinent in the 18th century their concern was profit.
- The recording was amazingly successful and has now been released by the Times Music label throughout the entire Indian subcontinent; who knows?Advertisement
- Its tall grasslands and riverine forest support a very high wild ungulate biomass which greatly exceeds that reported elsewhere in the Indian subcontinent.
- At his best, Dravid mixes orthodox classicism with the wristy flourish associated with the subcontinent.
- Most deaths from snake bites occur on the Indian subcontinent where they are often forced into contact with humans.
- Kala azar (visceral leishmaniasis) is still rampant in parts of Africa and the Indian subcontinent today and kills thousands every year.
- Tantra is an ancient tradition that originates on the Indian subcontinent; it recognizes sexual energy as a source of personal and spiritual empowerment.Advertisement