Subclavian sentence example
- Each brachiocephalic soon sends off its subclavian, while in the normal or more usual cases the rest proceeds as the carotid trunk, inclusive of the vertebral artery.
- It lies anterior to, and below the subclavian artery as it crosses the first rib.
- The average length of catheter needed for an adult internal jugular or subclavian approach is 15cm.
- On the right hand side, the nerve passes behind the vagus and loops around the subclavian artery.
- The subclavian vein also lies close to the dome of the pleura, damage to which can cause a pneumothorax.Advertisement