Stupefied sentence example
- He was so stupefied he sat there with his manhood hanging out.
- Others speak of famous victories attained in a stupefied state.
- He gazed in stupefied astonishment on the small rebel for some seconds, and then clung for support to the copper.
- The board has been cowed by the volume of the data and the sheer grind of the presentation into a stupefied silence.
- As a result he was stupefied with astonishment for the first and probably the only time in his life.Advertisement
- Finally he was taken in procession, stupefied or otherwise rendered incapable of resistance, and put to death by strangulation or pressure.
- The Benin people do not appear to have indulged in wanton cruelty, and it is stated that they usually stupefied the victims before putting them to death.
- His faculties were quite numbed, he was stupefied, and noticing nothing around him went on moving his legs as the others did till they all stopped and he stopped too.
- Fish abound at many parts of the coast, and are taken by lines, or speared at night by torchlight, or netted, or a river is dammed and the fish stupefied with the root of a milletia.