Stultifying sentence example
- Barbecues, church, neat lawns, stultifying suburban sameness.
- Interesting as an exercise, I think, but quite stultifying in the artistic sense.
- The growth of the quango culture is having a stultifying effect on economic development.
- A Big Girl Like You 16-year-old Sabine is dissatisfied with her stultifying life in the French provinces.
- Second, it would be held in the open air, not in the sometimes stultifying heat and congestion of a marquee.Advertisement
- This is not some artificial, stultifying debate, far-removed from the needs of real people.
- The stultifying atmosphere of service life was difficult to endure.
- Their goal is to frighten the public and intimidate regulators into further tightening the already stultifying regulation of biotechnology.
- The use of sound as a medium also circumvents the stultifying self-consciousness felt by many children when being watched or filmed.
- Opposition to the " hydrogen-acid " theory centred mainly about the hypothetical radicals which it postulated; moreover, the electrochemical theory of Berzelius exerted a stultifying influence on the correct views of Davy and Dulong.Advertisement
- The sole justification for such a claim lay in the terms of the Treaty of London, which the Yugosla y s could not adopt as a basis without stultifying their whole position against Italy.