Strong-language sentence example
- In his Letter the saint in very strong language urges the Christian subjects of the British king not to have any dealings with their ruler and his bloodthirsty followers until full satisfaction should have been made.
- The strong language in which he described them strangely misled all his earlier biographers except Southey.
- Please be aware tho that the extracts contain strong language and some violence, so parental guidance should apply.
- The content of these games may be suitable for ages 13 and over and could contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood and infrequent use of strong language.
- Intense violence, blood and gore, strong language and sexual content may be present.Advertisement
- He described their speeches and proceedings, caricatured their motives, denounced the exercise of the right of private judgment, and set forth the divine right of bishops in such strong language that one of the queen's councillors held it to amount to a threat against the supremacy of the crown.
- The Wycliffite authorship of the Commentaries on the Gospels, on which the learned editors base their argument, is, however, unsupported by any evidence beyond the fact that the writer of the Prologue to Matthew urges in strong language " the propriety of translating Scripture for the use of the laity."
- As to colour, he follows Goethe, and uses strong language against Newton's theory, for the barbarism of the conception that light is a compound, the incorrectness of his observations, &c. In chemistry, again, he objects to the way in which all the chemical elements are treated as on the same level.