Strewing sentence example
- Straw (from strew, as being used for strewing), is the general term applied to the stalky residue of grain-plants (especially wheat, rye, oats, barley).
- Of the Roman processions, the most prominent was that of the Triumph, which had its origin in the return of the victorious army headed by the general, who proceeded in great pomp from the Campus to the Capitol to offer sacrifice, accompanied by the army, captives, spoils, the chief magistrate, priests bearing the images of the gods, amidst strewing of flowers, burning of incense and the like (Ovid, Trist.
- One small piece will look apologetic, and out of place, while strewing roosters everywhere will make a statement.
- Instead of buying flowers and carefully pulling the petals off before strewing them all over the floor and bed, now lovers can buy a Bed of Roses kit, which takes away the dirty work.
- Chladni's experiment of strewing a vibrating bell with flour, investigated the nature of sound and the function of the air in respiration and combustion, and originated the idea of using the pendulum as a measure of gravity.Advertisement