Straggle sentence example
- The town and its fine gardens and orchards straggle some 6 m.
- But in the end they straggle off, muttering.
- Meetings must start on time and not be delayed by those that straggle in late with no excuses other than "Time got away from me."
- In Great Britain, whither they began to straggle over during the revolutionary troubles at the close of the 18th century, and where, practically unaffected by the clause directed against them in the Emancipation Act of 1829, their chief settlement has been at Stonyhurst in Lancashire, an estate conferred on them by Thomas Weld in 1795, they have been unmolested; but there has been little affinity to the order in the British temperament, and the English province has consequently never risen to numerical or intellectual importance in the Society.
- Now, at 2030, hrs they straggle back with empty tanks.Advertisement
- Richard and Dalek would push on at their own pace and we would straggle along at ours.
- The view takes in the straggle of village houses, and the lake beyond.