Stoutest sentence example
- It would be impossible, however, for the stoutest defender of the importance of form in literature to assign the chief part in Montaigne's influence to style.
- King Fergus (1775) was the sire of Beningbrough (1791), whose son was Orville (1799), whence comes some of the stoutest blood on the turf, including Emilius (1820) and his son Priam (1827), Plenipotentiary (1831), Muley (1810), Chesterfield (1834), and the Hero (1843).
- But the stoutest hearts can not survive forever in the face of superior numbers and infinitely superior weapons.
- In the United States the stoutest enemy of the movement acknowledges that woman suffrage is ultimately inevitable.
- Notwithstanding his insulting language concerning Mary and the fact that he was the "stoutest" in refusing mass, he became one of her chief advisers, but his complete ascendancy over her mind and affections dates from the murder of Rizzio on the 9th of March 1566.Advertisement
- Birds navigate by the stars and undertake voyages as a yearly pilgrimage which would unnerve all but the stoutest of human hearts.
- I have planted it in rich leafy soil in most spots in woods, where even small plants so far hold their own among the stoutest sedges.
- The gems of the three lines may be briefly enumerated thus: (I) of the Darley Arab's line-Snap, Shuttle, Waxy, and Orvillethe stoutest blood on the turf; (2) of the Byerly Turk's lineBuzzard and Sir Peter-speedy blood, the latter the stouter of the two; (3) of the Godolphin Barb's line-Sorcerer-often producing large-sized animals, but showing a tendency to die out, and becoming rare.