Stipendiary sentence example
- There are 66 resident (stipendiary) magistrates, and four police magistrates in Dublin.
- The older part of the urban district is included in the parliamentary borough of Merthyr Tydfil, and also shares with Merthyr and Aberdare the services of a stipendiary magistrate.
- He was made pensionary (stipendiary magistrate) of Middelburg; and two years afterwards of Dort.
- The borough has a separate commission of the peace, having a stipendiary magistrate since 1858.
- Neil will serve as stipendiary curate at Quarry Bank.Advertisement
- Currently there were not enough stipendiary clergy available to replace those who area retiring.
- It was thought that trial by jury or by a stipendiary magistrate would be a more satisfactory mode of trial.
- Moving to be with us she will be entering full-time stipendiary ministry.
- There are 28 URC ordinands / non-stipendiary ministers transferring to the stipendiary ministry among our 32 students.
- During the comparatively short life of the church three of its members have trained for full time stipendiary ministry.Advertisement
- Local inquiries Local inquiries are conducted by the area stipendiary steward in whose territory the alleged breach of rules has taken place.
- In the United Kingdom a paid magistrate or justice of the peace, appointed by the Crown on the advice of the home secretary for certain boroughs are termed "stipendiaries" or "stipendiary magistrates" (see Justice Of The Peace).
- This will mean deciding how we shall manage with fewer stipendiary clergy.
- A stipendiary magistrate / a justice of the peace On information on oath given by...
- She trained for the stipendiary ministry at Cranmer Hall, Durham.Advertisement
- Sue is a stipendiary minister of the United Reformed Church in Edinburgh, working particularly in ministry with the frail elderly.
- All serious cases of crime are tried before a judge and jury, with the same formalities and safeguards as in England, while minor offences are dealt with by stipendiary magistrates possessing a limited statutory jurisdiction.
- The council may by petition obtain the appointment of a stipendiary magistrate for the borough.