Steeled sentence example
- She steeled herself and turned, expecting to find a monster.
- She met his gaze, her stomach tense as she steeled herself against the response to her next probing question.
- Jetr and Ne'Rin were both patient and hopeful, and A'Ran steeled himself to tell them what he must.
- At last, I steeled myself and swore on all that I hold dearest that it would be out early in November.
- I waited to hear John Luke Grasso, and steeled myself to pretend I didn't recognize the name.Advertisement
- He looked away and steeled himself.
- Nicholas was saved by the very belief of the conspirators in the universal sympathy of the army with their aims. Had the mutinous troops early in the day received the order to attack, they would have carried the waverers with them; but they hesitated to fire on comrades whom they expected to see march over to their side; and when at last the emperor had steeled his heart to use force, a few rounds of grape-shot sufficed to quell the mutiny.
- She steeled herself and nodded.
- She steeled herself for their rejection, reminding herself she did it not for them, but to give her daughter a better life.
- Taran drew a deep breath and steeled himself against what confrontation was certain to await him.Advertisement
- If the worldpowers were hard as flint in their dealings with Israel, the people of God were steeled to such moral endurance that each clash of their successive onsets kindled some new flame of devotion.
- I steeled myself to hide the fear that welled up inside me like the worse cramps I could possibly endure.
- Let people have married or be anyhow steeled in continence before they are admitted to baptism.