Steadying sentence example
- She sucked in a steadying breath, praying any sign of the violence from her last visit was gone.
- He returned her gaze, steadying her with a possessive hand on her hip.
- Steadying herself against the walls of the winding
- Steadying her breathing, Jenn gripped her daggers and waited.
- The world may be steadying and steeling its nerves.Advertisement
- The function of these muscles, according to the same authority, is not only that of erecting the shell; they serve also to attach the peduncle to the shell, and thus effect the steadying of it upon the peduncle.
- He was a member of the moderate club, the Feuillants; but after the overthrow of the monarchy on the 10th of August 1792 he accepted an office in the ministry of foreign affairs, where he sometimes exercised a steadying influence.
- This steadiness may vary during the flight of the projectile, as the shot may be unsteady for some distance after leaving the muzzle, afterwards steadying down, like a spinning-top. Again, a may increase as the gun wears out, after firing a number of rounds.
- The Theridiidae eject on to the insect from their spinning mamillae drops of liquid adhesive silk; the Argyopidae, steadying it with the tips of their long front legs, sweep additional strands of silk over it with the legs of the hinder pair; the Agalenidae, attaching a long thread to a point hard by, run round and round the victim in circles, gradually winding it up beyond all hope of breaking loose.
- A steadying influence who keep the rest of the country 's feet on the ground.Advertisement
- You approach the ball just like how you would in real life, steadying the club in front of you.