Statute-books sentence example
- This law remained on the statute books until 1898, when it was formally repealed.
- An old law still on the statute-books when the edition of the revised statutes was issued in 1893, prescribes that " the punishment of whipping shall be inflicted publicly by strokes on the bare back, well laid on."
- The prohibition law is still upon the statute-books.
- Briton is an old country with laws in its statute books going back many centuries.
- About 1850 there began to appear on the statute books laws requiring publicity of rates and the submission of annual reports to the legislature, prescribing limits to corporate indebtedness, and also making provision for safety in operation and for the character and quality of railway service.Advertisement
- Since that time, however, the Republican party has grown more secure, and it has placed on the statute books a series of radical and progressive enactments in regard to railway rate legislation and taxation, publicity of campaign expenditures and a state-wide direct primary law (1905).