Statically sentence example
- It may be used to statically initialize resource lists.
- Such was medicine, statically ordered in pathology, statically ordered in its clinical concepts, when, on the 24th of November 1859 the Origin of Species was published.
- In other words, the whole assemblage of effective forces is statically equivalent to the extraneous forces.
- Of course such a state would be statically unstable.
- In terms of the agreement of thought and being, the logical forms of the part of dialectic correspondent to knowledge statically considered have parallels and analogies in being, the concept being correlated to substance, the judgment to causal nexus.Advertisement
- It follows from the preceding statements that any two systems of forces which are statically equivalent, according to the principles of ~ 4, 8, will (to the first order of small quantities) do the same amount of work in any infinitely small displacement of a rigid body to which they may be applied.
- We may note that a frame of n joints which is just rigid must have 3116 bars; and that the stresses produced in such a frame by a given system of extraneous forces in equilibrium are statically determinate, subject to the exception of critical forms.
- Since the reactions on the bearings must be statically equivalent to the whole system of effective forces, they will reduce to a force (X Y Z) at 0 and a couple (L M N) given by X=w~(mx) =ai1~(m)~, Y =w1~(my) =wIï¿½(m)y, Z =0, L=wfZ(myz), M =, 2~(mzx), N =0, (8)
- These beams are not statically determinate using the static equilibrium laws.
- An elongated shot is made to preserve its axial flight through the air by giving it the spin sufficient for stability, without which it would turn broadside to its advance; a top in the same way is made to stand upright on the point in the position of equilibrium, unstable statically but dynamically stable if the spin is sufficient; and the investigation proceeds in the same way for the two problems (see Gyroscope).Advertisement
- Since the reactions on the bearings must be statically equivalent to the whole system of effective forces, they will reduce to a force (X Y Z) at 0 and a couple (L M N) given by X=w~(mx) =ai1~(m)~, Y =w1~(my) =wIÃ¯¿½(m)y, Z =0, L=wfZ(myz), M =, 2~(mzx), N =0, (8)