Starched sentence example
- Great care was taken in the laundering and tying of his stiffly starched cravat.
- And it would contribute toward finally dispelling the starched collars and ivory tower image better associated with Brideshead Revisited.
- He wears a starched and gathered ruff developed from the shirt neck frill after about 1560.
- The girl's dress has a full flounced skirt supported by numerous stiff horsehair and starched petticoats.
- Classically Fulham, this place is all starched linen tablecloths, pretty outdoor courtyards and sparkly glassware.Advertisement
- A rustle of starched petticoats and the whispering and laughter of girls' voices came from the adjoining room.
- Sitting ramrod straight in her big, old chair, chin held high above the starched, white cartwheel of her ruff.
- A starched linen napkin, folded around a wine bottle provides an elegant touch to the pouring of wine; however, the wrapped bottle can take on the look of a penguin in an overcoat if you leave the bottle on the table.
- This variation on the rosebud fold stands up easily on its own, even if you don't use starched napkins.
- Does it conjure up images of someone dressed in a starched white lab coat pinching your skin with calipers?Advertisement
- Instead of the practical, loose-fitting garment that kept soldiers cool and gave them good range of motion, the Army had slowly tightened and stiffened the outfits, with high starched collars and fancy insignia.