Star-spangled sentence example
- A snowy installation during the day gives way to a star spangled performance during the evening.
- It is not only in Britain that the rule of law is being made to dance to the tune of the star spangled banner.
- They have signed rap star Eminem who will signal the exact moment for mourning to commence with a gangsta rendition of The star-spangled banner.
- Maybe they'll stick me on some heavy medication instead and I can keep blogging, long artistic entries full of star-spangled butterflies.
- In 2011, Christina Aguilera was tapped for one of the most visible singing jobs out there - performing the Star Spangled Banner at the Super Bowl.Advertisement
- A band tooted practice blasts, someone was yelling directions through an old fashioned megaphone, which were ignored, and Suzanne, whose nightly music show serenaded the tourists, warmed up the Star Spangled Banner in a voice that needed no mike.
- In the War of 1812 Frederick, Havre de Grace, and Frenchtown were burned by the British; but particularly noteworthy were the unsuccessful movements of the enemy by land and by sea against Baltimore, in which General Robert Ross (c. 1766-1814), the British commander of the land force, was killed before anything had been accomplished and the failure of the fleet to take Fort McHenry after a siege of a day and a night inspired the song The Star-spangled Banner, composed by Francis Scott Key who had gone under a flag of truce to secure from General Ross the release of a friend held as a prisoner by the British and during the attack was detained on his vessel within the British lines.
- On the bank of the Potomac is a brick house which was for several years the home of Francis Scott Key, author of "The Star-Spangled Banner"; on Analostan Island in the river was a home of James Murray Mason; Georgetown Heights was the home of the popular novelist, Mrs Emma Dorothy Eliza Nevitte Southworth (1819-1899).
- One of them, Kubera, the god of wealth, is a new figure; whilst another, Varuna, the most spiritual and ethical of Vedic deities - the king of the gods and the universe; the nightly, star-spangled firmament - has become the Indian Neptune, the god of waters.
- This fort effectively protected the city in 1814 when attacked by the British, and it was during the attack that Francis Scott Key, detained on one of the British attacking vessels, composed the " Star Spangled Banner."Advertisement
- In the Medieval Palace, see Edward I's own bedchamber to see his splendid bed with heraldic hangings and green star-spangled bedposts.
- He suggests that maybe there is a secret room to which Haiduk's Elise Thayer responds: "… and maybe I can whistle the Star-Spangled Banner out of my ass."
- While living in Florida, she became known as the "National Anthem Girl" after performing The Star-Spangled Banner at numerous area sporting events.
- FamilyFun.com: A bundle of "star-studded crafts," including rocket balloons, star-spangled wavers, and liberty shakers.
- If you're looking for creative tree themes, go a little left of center with a star-spangled tree or a starfish tree.Advertisement