Standardizing sentence example
- He was associated with Henry Williams Chisholm and others as a member of the Royal Commission of1868-1869for standardizing weights and measures.
- Besides the State departments dealing with weights and measures, there are other standardizing institutions of recent date.
- Here is carried out the work of standardizing measuring instruments of various sorts in use by manufacturers, the determination of physical constants and the testing of materials.
- In the measurement of woollen and other textile fabrics, as to quality, strength, number of threads, &c., there exists at Bradford a voluntary standardizing institution known as the Conditioning House (Bradford Corporation Act 1887), the work of which has been extended to a chemical analysis of fabrics.
- In standardizing a weight for use in India, correction has to be made for the weight of air displaced by the material standard, and for such purpose the normal temperature of 85°, atmospheric pressure 29.8 inches, latitude 22° 35` 6.5" (Calcutta), g at 0.9982515 of g at 45° are taken.Advertisement
- More attention seems to have been given to the matter in the United States of America and in Germany and Russia than in England, but the infinite variety of samples known to the commercial expert, and the impossibility of standardizing those in such a manner as to make readily recognizable what the chemist has treated, renders most of the recorded analyses of uncertain value.
- Similar standardizing offices are established in other countries (see Standards).
- In standardizing a weight for use in India, correction has to be made for the weight of air displaced by the material standard, and for such purpose the normal temperature of 85Ã‚°, atmospheric pressure 29.8 inches, latitude 22Ã‚° 35` 6.5" (Calcutta), g at 0.9982515 of g at 45Ã‚° are taken.
- Enacting legislation to protect dismissed workers by standardizing factory closure procedures to minimize the adverse social impact.
- By standardizing information that is entered onto a database it is easier to search records and retrieve the required output.Advertisement
- Standardizing these entity class names will give a common starting point for the vendor specific extensions to the basic model.
- Franklin responds to this anxiety by synchronizing bourgeois behavior with capital, thereby standardizing class behavior compatible with a return on investment mentalitÃ©.
- Some parents argue that by standardizing uniforms, schools can reduce the cost of clothes during the year.
- By standardizing the Cub Scout patch location, the Boy Scouts of America have created a way for all Cub Scouts from around the world to recognize and know a lot about each other, from the different colors of Arrow Points to the Den Number.
- All the data required for standardizing the galvanometer can in this way be determined with accuracy.Advertisement
- In the same circuit is also included the induction coil E, which is used for standardizing the galvanometer; this secondary coil is represented in the diagram by three turns of wire wound over a much longer primary coil.