Standard-bearer sentence example
- Thus it is no coincidence that gold as the standard bearer of capitalist ascendancy in circulation paralleled the real subsumption of labor in production.
- In concrete terms, this means being a master of the art of dialog and a standard-bearer of soft power.
- For over 50 years, SI has been the standard bearer for action sports images.
- In 1136 he accompanied the imperial forces to Italy in the capacity of standard-bearer, distinguished himself by his soldierly skill, and in view of the increasing age and infirmity of Lothair, sought to win the favour of Pope Innocent II.
- Guy, sire de la Tremoille, standard-bearer of France, was taken prisoner at the battle of Nicopolis (1396), and Georges, the favourite of King Charles VII., was captured at Agincourt (1415).Advertisement
- He reinstated Pedro Annes, made Vicente chancellor, and appointed Martim Annes chief standard-bearer (alferes mor).
- Oxford is the standard bearer for the whole of the South East region in the UK competition to become European Capital of Culture 2008.