Stalagmitic sentence example
- It is also applied to those brecciated and stalagmitic deposits on the floor of caves, which frequently contain osseous remains.
- Of particular interest is the presence of patches or ledges of an old stalagmitic floor, three to four feet above the present floor.
- Dr. Hovey has proved that the rate of stalagmitic growth in Wyandotte Cave, Indiana, is .0254 cm.
- The traces of human occupation are pieces of charcoal, flints, moccasin tracks and a single skeleton embedded in stalagmite in one of the chasms, estimated, from the present rate of stalagmitic growth, to have lain where found for not more than five hundred years.
- His careful estimate of the rate of stalagmitic growth showed that r000 years would have been needed to form the lip now covering the incision.Advertisement
- At one end is a remarkable stalagmitic formation of white and gold onyx, about 65 ft.
- The dating of stalagmitic calcite therefore provides a valuable method for understanding cave chronologies.