Staff-of-life sentence example
- Wheat and the date palm seem to have been indigenous, and the latter is still one of the chief poductions of the country, but in later years rice has taken the place of wheat as the staff of life.
- Among the food-giving plants are rice - the staff of life to the majority of the Malagasy - in many varieties, maize, millet, manioc, yams,;sweet-potatoes, arrowroot, which is largely used by the western tribes - as well as numerous vegetables, many of them of foreign introduction.
- But I did not always use this staff of life.
- Spelt is one of the oldest known grains and was referred to as the staff of life in the Bible.
- The Macrobiotic diet reflects this tradition and our need to return to whole grains which are referred to as the staff of life.Advertisement