Squatter sentence example
- In 1849 the Illinois legislature demanded that its representatives and senators should vote for the prohibition of slavery in the Mexican cession, but next year this sentiment in Illinois had grown much weaker, and, both there and in Congress, Douglas's name was soon to become identified with the so-called " popular sovereignty " or " squatter sovereignty " theory, previously enunciated by Lewis Cass, by which each territory was to be left to decide for itself whether it should or should not have slavery.
- The owner then has two years to start proceedings to evict the squatter.
- A squatter will be able to apply to be registered as proprietor after ten years ' adverse possession.
- But there may still be liability if your own site has been hijacked by a cyber squatter.
- The "squatter's" still occupy eleven million acres, but even these are more closely subdivided than in former days.Advertisement
- The high value of realty in San Francisco naturally offered extraordinary inducements to fraud, and the largest part of the city was for years involved in fraudulent claims, and its peace broken by " squatter "-troubles.
- These are all the materials, excepting the timber, stones, and sand, which I claimed by squatter's right.
- Such greens often gave their name to small squatter settlements, - which might fit our case exactly.
- Majority live temporarily on farm in compound housing, a few live in local squatter camps.
- The workers often lived in squatter cottages, which they built from materials found on the land.Advertisement
- Rural Gypsy band 1880's Agricultural depression brings poverty to many Gypsies, who move to squatter areas near towns.
- Do I need to do anything more if the squatter 's application for registration is rejected?
- Many migrants are forced to settle in shanty towns and squatter settlements.
- A cyber squatter, who hoards tons of semi-desirable domain names in the hope of having one of them turn out to be the next hot buzzword, might be tougher, but don't give up.
- In the third place, the rejection of the Wilmot Proviso and the acceptance (as regards New Mexico and Utah) of "Squatter Sovereignty" meant the adoption of a new principle in dealing with slavery in the territories, which, although it did not apply to the same territory, was antagonistic to the Missouri Compromise of 1820.Advertisement
- His residence in Louisiana, his ownership of a large plantation with its slaves, and his family connexion with Jefferson Davis (who had married his daughter), rendered him more acceptable to many of the Southern Democrats than their party candidate, Lewis Cass, an advocate of " squatter sovereignty " and the representative of the democracy of the free North-west.