Spurring sentence example
- Excessive luxuriance of the laterals may be combated by root pruning, or by checking them early in the season, and again later, and by cutting back to a female blossom bud, or else spurring nearly down to the main branch in the following spring.
- Such conditions were themselves incitement enough to a prompt redemption of the promise of parliamentary distinction, even without the restless spurring of ambition.
- They're especially suitable for reading together and for spurring thoughtful discussions.
- The Bannockburn was choked with the fallen, and it was only by hard spurring that Edward and his guards reached Dunbar, whence he sailed to Berwick.
- An incredible love of music is evident in each of the members, and the fusion of their talents is spurring them on towards greater success.Advertisement
- These shows have become increasingly popular, spurring the sale of related products such as diet books and workout DVDs.
- Rumors have swirled around the creation of this movie for quite a while, spurring on fan-created trailers that are sometimes quite believable.
- Many sailors made it a point of pride to get inked in every port they entered, spurring the popularity and growth of the industry.
- Spurring the crowd on to yell familiar and favorite football chants is one way to get your school excited about their football team.
- Her weight ballooned, spurring pregnancy rumors.Advertisement