Sporulation sentence example
- Apparently the parasites may remain quiescent in the blood for years and may cause relapses by fresh sporulation.
- Mesnil (1899), which indicate a universal distinction between the two groups in their manner of sporulation.
- Requires cornmeal agar or prune yeast lactose agar to promote sporulation in older cultures.
- At the onset of sporulation large amounts of aerial hyphae are produced.
- Leaves were inoculated by overhead shaking of naturally infected plants having abundant sporulation.Advertisement
- They occupy and destroy the red corpuscles, converting the haemoglobin into melanin; they multiply in the blood by sporulation, and produce accessions of fever by the liberation of a toxin at the time of sporulation (Ross).
- Correlated with the mode of life are the two features character istic of all Sporozoa: (a) They absorb only fluid nutriment, osmotically, and so lack any organs for ingesting and digesting solid food; and (b) they reproduce by sporulation, i.e.
- In the Telosporidia (comprising the Gregarines, Coccidia and Haemosporidia), sporulation does not begin until the close of the vegetative or trophic period, i.e.