Spirometry sentence example
- With the exception of arterial blood gas, pulse oximetry, and total lung capacity, pulmonary function tests are performed using spirometry (from the Greco-Latin term meaning "to measure breathing").
- Spirometry tests can be done a hospital or doctor's office.
- Spirometry is a test that measures how rapidly air is exhaled and how much air is retained in the lungs.
- Spirometry can also be repeated after a bout of exercise if exercise-induced asthma is a possibility.
- During the follow-up visits, the child's lung function should be measured by spirometry to make sure treatment goals are being met.Advertisement
- Spirometry can help a physician diagnose a range of respiratory diseases, monitor the progress of a disease, or assess a patient's response to treatment.