Sounding-board sentence example
- He won't talk about the nightmares; at least to me, but the shrink must be a sounding board.
- One of the electrodes was attached to a sounding board capable of being vibrated by sound-waves and the other was held either by springs or weights in delicate contact with it.
- When the sounding board was spoken to or subjected to sound-waves, the mechanical resistance of the loose electrode, due to its weight, or the spring, or both, served to vary the pressure at the contact, and this gave to the current a form corresponding to the sound-waves, and it was therefore capable of being used as a speaking-telephone transmitter.'
- This was the society to which Luther spoke, and its discontent was the sounding board which made his words reverberate."
- The choir-stalls and screen (1510) are finely carved, and of further interest are the ancient pulpit sounding-board (1432), some old stained glass, and the small models of ships, copies dating from 1638 of yet earlier models originally presented by the Dutch-Swedish Trading Company.Advertisement
- The position of the sounding board above the stage is apparent.
- Sometimes a sounding-board over the head of a speaker improves the hearing probably by preventing echo from a smooth wall behind him.
- He won't about the nightmares; at least to me, but the shrink must be a sounding board.
- Having played the patient sounding board to the Council members for thousands of years, Andre was adept at discretion.
- Even if you are stressed, don't use your child as a sounding board.Advertisement
- On a day to day basis, the RA is available as a resource and sounding board for residents of a floor.
- Obviously, once you've become best friends and partners, it's your pleasure and even prerogative to be there for each other in all moods and to be a sympathetic ear and a sounding board.
- If you have a professional editor that you already work with, you're probably all set here; but if you don't, your sounding board does not need to be a professional.