Sorrowing sentence example
- Torch in hand, her sorrowing mother sought her through the wide world, and finding her not she forbade the earth to put forth its increase.
- The poor man could do nothing but dress himself and go sorrowing on his way.
- Fru Nordenflycht wrote with facility and grace; her collection of lyrics, The Sorrowing Turtledove (1743), in spite of its affectation, enjoyed and merited a great success; it was the expression of a deep and genuine sorrow - the death of her husband after a very brief and happy married life.
- sorrowing relatives and especially to her husband and widowed mother.
- He was buried or mysteriously disappeared on one of the islands in the Adriatic called after him Diomedeae, his sorrowing companions being changed into birds by the gods out of compassion (Ovid, Metam.Advertisement
- sorrowing friends and acquaintances.
- Our sympathies are quickened and go out to her sorrowing relatives and especially to her husband and widowed mother.
- Deeply lamented by a large circle of sorrowing friends and acquaintances.